Join Our Team
Ours is a close-knit team of enthusiastic direct marketing fundraising professionals working to help like-minded organizations achieve success. If you share our uncommon view, and want to put your passion for non-profits to work making the world a better place, we invite you to join our team.
Lautman Maska Neill & Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Part Time Payroll and Benefits Specialist
We are seeking a Payroll and Benefit Specialist, who will take the lead on managing the administration of payroll, benefits and HRIS processing. Working as part of a dynamic Finance Team, you will prepare the semi-monthly payroll and work closely with outside vendors and third-party partners to ensure payroll and benefits are processed on time and accurately. This position is an in-office role of approximately 25 hours each week.
- Process payroll in ADP for hourly, salaried, and temporary employees; including reviewing and managing hours from time and attendance system, entering tax and direct deposit information, administering regulatory requirements, e.g., tax levies, severance, and other adjustments to pay as necessary.
- Upload and reconcile 401K contributions into company plan portal
- Work closely with outside vendors and third-party partners to ensure benefits, payroll benefit deductions and taxes are accurate.
- Ensure all state and regional filing requirements regarding employee pay and benefits, including Worker’s Compensation, are met and the firm remains compliant in all states.
- Facilitate Worker’s Compensation annual audit.
- Work closely with HR to maintain accuracy of all employee data regarding pay, benefits, taxes and other administrative functions.
- Perform semi-monthly audit of all payroll transactions to ensure proper maintenance and integrity of all systems used by LMN&C to effectively manage payroll.
- Work closely with Senior Accountant of Operations to prepare payroll and 401K journal entries.
- Provide semi-monthly reporting to Senior Director of Finance.
- Other duties as assigned by Senior Management and Leadership teams.
About Your Skills:
To succeed in this position, candidates will have 3 or more years’ experience working in payroll and benefit administration with stellar interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential matters. You should be extremely detail-oriented, work well as part of a team, be able to prioritize multiple projects, and be able to work well with internal and external partners. We are looking for an energetic and committed individual who is committed to timely, accurate and thorough data. It is strongly preferred that the candidate have solid experience with ADP and a basic understanding of QuickBooks. Selected candidate will be required to pass a background check.
Bonus Points: Advanced Excel skills are a plus! Please let us know your background when you apply.
To apply, please email resume, salary requirements and a letter telling us why you are perfect for this job to email@example.com.
Remote employees will be considered.
Finance Operations Intern
We are seeking a Finance Operations Intern, who will work directly with the Senior Accountant of Operations to assist with processing Billing and Accounts Payable. Working as part of a 4-person team, you will work collaboratively with each team member to improve efficiencies and streamline processes. Finance Operations Intern is responsible for the timely and accurate processing of all incoming vendor invoices and billing of all services provided by Lautman Maska Neill & Company and external vendors, ensuring timely payments to vendors and prompt invoicing by Lautman. He/she will manage the transmission of both direct pay and passthrough invoices to clients under the supervision of the Senior Accountant of Operations.
- Receives and internally routes all invoices (electronic and paper) related to client fund-raising campaigns through the approval process ensuring timeliness, thoroughness and accuracy.
- Maintains a tracking system that defines where an invoice is in the process from receipt through payment.
- Adheres to a predefined schedule for invoicing of all fees and services and ensures all SLAs (service level agreements) with regards to processing times are met or exceeded.
- Performs a daily audit of each vendor bill and system generated invoice.
- Ensures Accounts Payable transactions are processed timely and works with Senior Accountant to ensure payments are issued per terms.
- As a member of the Finance team, provides ongoing quality control to ensure accuracy and timeliness.
- Assists with scanning, copying, filing and other document preservation procedures to ensure proper document retention.
- Assists with a monthly audit of all invoices to ensure a full accounting of the month’s activities.
- Performs other tasks as needed.
About Your Skills:
To succeed in this position, candidates will have a minimum of two to three years office experience in a finance, billing or operations position and be able to take direction from multiple channels in a fast pace, high demand environment. The successful candidate must possess basic functional skills with Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat. He/she must be a team player, highly organized, have a strong attention to detail and excellent oral and written communication skills. The selected candidate will be required to pass a background check.
Bonus Points: Quickbooks experience is a huge plus! Please let us know your background when you apply.
To apply, please email resume and a letter telling us why you are perfect for this job to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ABOUT THE AMPERSAND
Over the years, Lautman Maska Neill & Company has assembled an exceptionally talented staff of account executives, data analysts, designers and production managers as well as a network of writers, listbrokers, analysts, production agencies, telemarketers and consultants.
Each one brings to Lautman Maska Neill & Company a particular expertise that enhances direct marketing, including special gift clubs, donor recognition, programs, product and premium development, telemarketing, donor research, major gift fundraising, strategic and long-range planning, and planned giving.
Thus, the ampersand is in recognition of the many talented people who make up the “Company.”